(2) Why aren't foreign ships helping with the Gulf cleanup? The Obama administration's servitude to unions:
Had Obama instead waived the Jones Act via executive order — as did Pres. George W. Bush three days after Hurricane Katrina — that S.O.S. would have summoned a global armada of mercy. Who knows how many fishing, shrimping, and seafood-processing jobs this would have saved? Instead, thousands of Gulf Coast workers will endure a long march from dormant docks to bustling unemployment lines.
“If there is the need for any type of waiver, that would obviously be granted,” White House spokesman Robert Gibbs promised on June 10. “But, we’ve not had that problem thus far in the Gulf.”
Problem? What problem?
(3) Despite his vendetta with public sector unions, Chris Christie's approval numbers are hanging in there... barely.
(4) Kagan compared the NRA to the Klan? Looks like it. As the second Obama SCOTUS nominee, Kagan's not getting the scrutiny that Sotomayor got despite the presence of plenty of objectionable material.
(5) Hey, I'm for capital punishment, but this is inappropriate: execution decision announced on Twitter. (h/t)
(6) Original Tea Partier -- Palin didn't not inhale:
Palin has admitted to smoking when it was legal for personal use in Alaska, saying she "can't...say that I never inhaled." The state recriminalized the drug in 2006.