Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fatigue

I didn't watch the Obama presser last night, though I understand some journalists have finally decided to ask Obama a few probing questions now that he's been President for two months. (Would have been nice for this to have started about a year and a half ago, but you take it where you can get it.)

I mean, I've heard it all before. How much more to I want to subject myself to this?

... We must spend eleventy bajillion dollars on Chinese condoms and dog parks in order to preserve jobs... problem we inherited... greed... must take action... won't solve the problem overnight... everything I have proposed must be enacted immediately, and to suggest otherwise is just being Negative Nancy and offering no solutions...

Blah. Blah. Blah. Is this record skipping? Somebody Fonzie the jukebox for me.

Ace sums up my feelings nicely:

Am I the first to pronounce this? I believe I am: I officially have Obama Fatigue (TM).

I don't think that will work in his interests, though one could postulate he could somehow win simply by exhausting his opponents with one eye-popping spending initiative after another.

I was already against him. I can't get more against him and there's no way in hell I'm getting on his side.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know - call me bleeding heart but I'm still just so excited to have a President who doesn't sound mildly retarded when giving a speech. And after spending a trillion dollars on Iraq and dismantling it WMDs - I'm now just sort of numb to the future debt. Plus I'd rather spend the funny money on real condoms then fake bombs...
-Matt

JoeCollins said...

The deficit in pictures from Heritage Fnd.

I will say off the top that CBO estimates tended to be pessimistic during the Bush years, so a case can be made that they are a little pessimistic now, but still.

Anonymous said...

I would be interested to see on that same figure the projected deficit at those times - rather than actual deficits vs. projected deficits - I'd like to see projected+actual vs. actual. Medicare D was a huge bullshit boondoggle - take everything that works in other gov't drug programs (VA formulary) - and avoid it like the plague.
- Matt

JoeCollins said...

Don't even get me started on Medicare D.