Monday, February 23, 2009

Vichy Businessmen

I hope the Chamber of Commerce is happy...

Dem Robocalls are citing the Chamber's support of the spendulus bill to attack Republicans.
“Hello, I’m calling on behalf of House Democrats with an important message about the economy,” the text of a sample phone call reads. “Did you know Congressman Thad McCotter (R-Mich.) voted against President Obama’s economic recovery plan, endorsed by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce? McCotter’s empty rhetoric can’t hide that he voted to raise the AMT tax on 22 million middle-class Americans and against the largest tax cut in history.”


Thanks Chamber!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to be clear by your choice of words - COC cooperating with Left = France collaborating with Nazi Germany?
- Matt

Sockless Joe said...

it's a bit of hyperbole that I rather like. I'm not the first to start using it, and won't be the last. I suppose I could try to bring it back around to the Liberal Fascism argument (which would be pretty easy to do), but I'm going to totally cop to being bombastic.