Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Starcraft 101

Berzerkely is offering a for-credit course on the now-classic computer game Starcraft. (via slashdot) The game is over a decade old! I guess that makes it simple enough to analyze, but it also speaks to the game's enduring appeal.

The part of me that played way too much of this game says AWESOME, even though deep down I know this is a massive waste of time and resources.

Since I'm geeking out in this post anyway...

I'll probably be skipping out entirely on Vista, going straight for Windows 7, which I'm hoping against hope that they don't let the marketing department rename as something lame. As such, I just ordered some RAM for my XP laptop since TweetDeck (on Adobe Air) sucks about 80-90 Megs by itself. I would say it may as well be a Java program, but at least it's responsive.

No comments: