Wednesday, October 01, 2008

One Less MTP Host Candidate

Ok, I goofed. Scratch Gwen Ifill off the list of potential Meet the Press hosts.

For the record, I don't think it matters very much about her moderating the VP debate. All of the media is in the tank for Obama, except for Fox, which is in the tank for McCain. At least the public got a flavor of the bias before the debate and can adjust their expectations accordingly.

I thought Tom Brokaw would be a good interim host for MTP, but I'm disappointed. I don't think it's that he isn't trying to be objective, I think it's that he lacks the energy and enthusiasm for nailing an interview like Russert did. Lacking that energy, his bias (which everybody has) peeks through. Questionable assertions go unquestioned. Still, he was probably the best person for the interim gig given the weak bench at NBC.

No comments: