Friday, April 18, 2008

PA-5 - Walker Multiple Felony Charges

Ouch.

flaming skull

When I said we had a bad batch of candidates I didn't even know the half of it.

Derek Walker has denied the charges, but he has some 'splainin' to do. Two felonies and four misdemeanors. Stalking and burglary.

Supposedly the ex-girlfriend has changed her tune, but the print edition of my local paper had not confirmed this as of this morning's edition. Clearly something went down last August.

Rival candidate Chris Exarchos expressed shock, and was quoted,"Four or five days before an election? This sort of smells to me."

Yes, it does.

So of the big-spending silver spoon crowd this leaves Shaner and Stroehmann, either of whom might walk away with the prize. I can't say I'm thrilled with either one, but of the two I'd probably pick Stroehmann despite chatter that he has his own personal problems.

I'll have to spend the weekend contemplating this, waiting to see if there are any new developments, and examining the other candidates.

No comments: