Sunday, September 16, 2007

Why bother? Linc quits GOP

"Chafee quietly quits the GOP"

Why now? I mean, you made the NRSC blow a ton of cash on you, thumbed your nose at the values of the party, and NOW you decide to quit?

Chafee said he disaffiliated with the party he had helped lead, and his father had led before him, because the national Republican Party has gone too far away from his stance on too many critical issues, from war to economics to the environment.

“It’s not my party any more,” he said.

Linc, it never was your party. You disagreed with us about everything. You being a Republican was a bad joke. You made Arlen Specter look like Jerry Falwell. I can't think of a single issue where Senator Chafee resembled a Republican.

Good riddance.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just FYI - I read all your posts, I just don't feel competent to leave comments on most of 'em.

~MJA

Sockless Joe said...

I figured you were reading. I thought Lunkhead might bite at the immigrant assimilation bit since he's blogged about things like that before.

The last time I drew any audience of greater than two was when I submitted something to another site that accepts submissions rather liberally. I did not get an overly intelligent response.

lunkhead said...

Sorry I've been away for awhile. Chafee was nothing if not a RINO. Like McCain and Hagel, he's enjoyed the media attention that comes with being a "maverick" Republican. Good riddance to Chafee.

Sockless Joe said...

No worries Lunkhead.

As you can see I'll continue to write even if there aren't comments.

Anonymous said...

Heh - unlike Colin and Samay.

Anyway, I like the posts and feel more well-rounded politically for reading them. Occasionally stuff happens that I'll request a post about (or want to ask for), but I try not to do that too much, lest I end up in the "accusatory democrat putting the republican on the defensive" role.

Anonymous said...

and that would be MJA just above. if it were not obvious.