Saturday, August 04, 2007

Double Standards

I'm not just paranoid - I'm not just paranoid - I'm not just paranoid.

I'm not just paranoid?

If this incident of alleged vote-stealing in the US House had occurred under Republican management I doubt the media coverage would have been as accommodating. People would be screaming bloody murder. Culture of Corruption and all that.

Dark Lord of the Sith Nancy Pelosi (D-Tatooine) attempted a Jedi mind trick, "There was no mistake made last night."

And If Prez Bush or any GOP candidate had talked cavalierly about invading Pakistan (in hot pursuit or on impeccable intelligence) I doubt he would have gotten the lenient treatment Obama got.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

are we sure the lack of coverage doesn't stem from A) no one cares about the House and B) it's not particularly easy to understand what happened?

~MJA

Sockless Joe said...

pretty sure. Not certain. At least some editorial commentary in NYT.

Anonymous said...

"Mom! I'm a Congressman!"
"Wonderful! I'm so proud to have my boy in the Senate!"
"Well...actually, I'm in the House of Representatives."
"Oh. Well, that's okay, dear. I'm sure you tried very hard."

~MJA

Sockless Joe said...

Um, is that a reference to something I should know?

Anonymous said...

No - just a fictional exchange.